Stainless steels are easy to maintain, and they look their best when properly cleaned. While scrubs effectively remove dirt and stains from stainless steel, they get easily scratched with abrasive cleaners that make them look dull and old. So, will Brillo pads scratch stainless steel? Keep reading to find out.
What is a Brillo Pad?
A Brillo pad is a handy cleaning tool widely used in cleaning various kitchen appliances and surfaces at home. It is a useful cleaning accessory that makes stainless pots and pans sparkling clean. It gets rid of stubborn dirt and stains effortlessly, particularly on stainless steel surfaces. Since it is made of highly durable materials, will Brillo pads scratch stainless steel?
Do Brillo Pads Scratch Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel gets easily scratched, especially when you clean them without precaution. Cleaning solutions and coarse scrubbing tools will potentially scratch delicate stainless steel.
Steel wool will scratch your stainless steel surface and make it prone to rusting, especially if you do it the harsh way.
A more concentrated cleaning solution is one of the best ways to clean stainless steel so you can have less scrubbing, but you have to take note that you have to rinse it thoroughly when used because it will likely leave some residue that may result in damaged surfaces. It is also best to dry your stainless steel appliances thoroughly before storing them.
Grimes and stains, burnt food inevitably get into stainless steels, and scrubbing is necessary to clean the surface. And the ideal way to get rid of them is through the use of sponges and pads. Given its efficiency in cleaning, will Brillo pads scratch stainless steel? Well, not necessarily. It is safe to use a Brillo pad on your stainless appliances and kitchen surfaces as long as you do it with caution and care. There are types of Brillo pads that are made especially for cleaning stainless steel.
Best Way to Clean Stainless Steel Wares
There are a few simple ways of how to clean stainless steel. Cleaning is easily done with less effort unless you are dealing with burnt food. Cleaning also entails scrubbing using cleaning tools. So, will Brillo pads scratch stainless steel? Not necessarily, but you can consider the following best ways on how to clean stainless steel:
- Use warm water and add a minimal amount of dish soap only.
- Deal with a few extra oils using a spatula or paper towel.
- Wash cookware only a few pieces at a time.
- With a scrubbing pad, rub the stainless steel surface in a circular motion and do it gently.
- Rinse thoroughly after every cleaning to perfectly get rid of soap residues that can cause damage.
- Dry stainless steel items thoroughly using a soft cloth before storing them in cabinets.
- It is easy to get rid of grime on stainless steel wares when it is warmed.
Useful Tips on Using Stainless Steels
Stainless steels are prone to smudges and fingerprints. You can spray a stainless steel solution on the surface for a quick clean and wipe it using a paper towel.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners and sponges without caution to avoid scratches.
- It is easy to remove rust stains on stainless steel using an oxalic cleanser.
- Avoid using polishes or silver cleaners on your stainless steel because they leave stubborn stains.
- For water spots on stainless steel, a soft cloth soaked with oil or distilled vinegar will do the trick. You can use a dry cloth to buff it for finishing touches.
- Avoid leaving stainless steel cookware on a heated burner for an extended period to avoid discoloration.
Stainless steels reflect elegance in your kitchen, but regular cleaning must be done to maintain its beauty and to avoid making your cookware look dull and dirty. A sparkling clean stainless steel surface is easily achieved with cleaning tools such as scrubbing pads. Users often ask, will Brillo pads scratch stainless steel? The answer is not necessarily, because these pads specialize in stainless steel cleaning. Remember the tips on how to clean stainless steel the best way so your stainless steels will shine without those scratches. Learn more about cleaning materials here!