How To Use Quickie Sponge Mops: A Quick Floor Cleaning Tool
If you want to experience efficiency and effectiveness in cleaning your home’s floor, then a quickie sponge mop is perfect to do the task for you. This product cleans way faster and in less time compared to your typical mops. This article will be your helpful guide on how to use quickie sponge mop with brush. It’s time to make your floor look clean, healthy, and shiny again.
The Hype About Quickie Sponge
Before you go straight on how to use quickie sponge mop, have a look first at why there is so much hype about this product. People on the internet have been talking about this thing and most of the reviews spill how this type of mop acts like a breeze. It is a perfect tool to use if you are in a race against time for school and work.
- This cleaning tool uses the most innovative sponge technology that will allow users to get the best experience out of it. Imagine having a toddler who spills his glass of water on the floor. They would tend to walk over it to play, and this action could cause an accident. As a parent, you need to have a cleaning sponge that will absorb the water faster.
- To prevent serious accidents from happening, a quickie sponge mop is here to give immediate aid for these types of concerns.
- They absorb more water in less amount of time compared to manually cleaning it with a regular sponge. The material that it is made of contains a maximum absorbency feature that will make the task extra efficient for you.
- This also has multi-functional features. The quickie sponge comes with a scrubber that will allow you to scrub on stubborn stains left on the floor. And if the sponge is already full, you can automatically squeeze it into a bucket. Let the liquid then flow like a whirlwind.
Now that you have an idea of what are the things to love about this magical cleaning tool, it is time to learn how to use sponge mop in the proper and easy way.
Guide on Using a Quickie Sponge Mop
Using a regular mop will allow your hands to touch the wet floor. The watery floor could be contaminated with germs and bacteria and this is a huge threat to your health. This is why you need the help of a mop that can help prevent your skin from making contact with the wet surface. If you recently just purchased one, a sudden confusion on how to use it might arise.
How to use quickie sponge mop properly? Well, this article got your concerns covered. Take a look at the following basic steps down below for your ultimate guide:
How to use quickie sponge mop:
1.The first thing that you have to do is to prepare all your needed material for the task. Don’t worry because you can find all this stuff in your house.
- Prepare your clean sponge mop.
- Get a bucket of clean water.
- Some kind of floor cleaner solution.
- And lastly, prepare your kitchen’s sink.
2. Before you start the cleaning process, you need to move away extra furniture and appliances that will hinder the task. Take them in the hallway or in a separate room to give yourself more access to small and tight spaces.
3. The next important step is to remove all the dust away from the floor by sweeping it with a broom. Make sure that you remove large particles of dirt so you can avoid spreading it more on the floor. This dirt and dust can also leave smear when they get wet.
4. Then, it is time to prepare the solution. Take your empty bucket and fill it with warm and clean water. Make sure that the sponge mop could fit on the entrance of the bucket. Next, mix the floor cleaner with the water inside the bucket. You need to remember that the floor cleaner that you are going to use in this process should be safe to use on your type of floor.
5. What if you don’t have a ready-made floor cleaner? Well, don’t worry because you can make your own homemade floor cleaner solution. In the next part of this article, you will learn how to use different types of floor cleaners depending on what type of flooring you have in your house.
6. After you have prepared all the necessary materials for the task and prepared the floor for cleaning, then it is time to begin the cleaning process.
- Take the quickie sponge mop and dip it into the bucket of solution. Then, lift the sponge mop out and squeeze the excess liquid. This is an important step to follow to prevent applying too much floor cleaner on the surface.
- Remember that you do not have to touch the sponge of the mop to squeeze the excess out of the sponge. All you need to do is to press a button or pull a lever to gain access to the squeezing feature of the sponge mop.
7. Once the sponge is already filled with the floor cleaner liquid, you can now scrub the floor with it in a back and forth direction.
- This process is good to use after removing a pet or a baby’s urine on the floor.
- That’s why having a good cleaning solution is a must so you are disinfecting the floor while letting the sponge absorb all the liquid spilled on the floor.
8. Continue to move the sponge mop back and forth onto the floor and squeeze the excess liquid out of it. Rinse the sponge again on the bucket of floor cleaner. Then, continue cleaning the floor with the sponge mop.
9. Once every surface area of the floor is perfectly cleaned, you can now leave the room to dry.
10. Before you bring back the quickie sponge mop into the storage room, make sure that you clean it as well.
- To do this, you need to rinse the sponge of the mop with clean warm water. Let it sit there for a while before rinsing it for the last time.
- Squeeze out the excess water and place the mop back in a clean storage area.
Homemade Floor Cleaner Solution Recipe
Mopping and sweeping can remove the ugly look of dirt and dust on the floor. However, this process does not offer a long term and effective solution in getting rid of the unwanted particles on the floor surface. You are going to need the extra strength provided by cleaning liquids. But, it is important to take note that not all cleaning agents work the same on different floor types.
There will also be instances where you cannot gain access to any ready-made floor cleaners. However, it is now possible for you to make your own homemade cleaning solution using only available resources in your kitchen pantry. These DIY cleaners not only give you ease in completing the task, but they can also help you save money from purchasing high-end products.
- Making wood floor cleaner - Wood is a vulnerable material when it comes to being exposed to floor cleaners. So, you must choose one that is wood-friendly and is not chemically harmful to any type of wood. Here is a recipe on how to make a cleaning solution that is perfect for wooden floors.
- The materials and ingredients include one gallon of warm and clean water, vinegar, and essential oils. You can choose any type of essential oil according to what scent you prefer.
- Mix both the water and the vinegar. Make sure that you use a healthy amount of water and vinegar ratio to not produce too much acid that can ruin the finish of the floor.
- Ceramic floor cleaner - The ceramic type of floor can be easily scratched when you use the wrong kind of cleaning solution. Here is a simple homemade ceramic floor cleaner that you can do.
- Prepare a one-fourth cup of vinegar, baking soda, one gallon of hot water, and as well as dish soap.
- Mix all of the ingredients together. Make sure that you also use just the right amount of ratio for each ingredient to avoid coming up with a chemically unhealthy result.
- Vinyl floor cleaner - Vinyl floors also are sensitive types of floors. Here is a brief summary of how you can make a homemade floor cleaner solution that will not harm or damage the vinyl flooring.
- Prepare the materials that you are going to need in this project. This includes rubbing alcohol, dish soap, 1 or 2 gallons of water, and lastly, a half cup of vinegar.
- The vinegar and the dish soap are great ingredients in removing dirt and grease off the surface of the floor.
- For carpeted floors - cleaning any carpeted floors often requires you to use expensive solutions from professional cleaners and big machines. However, if you are on a tight budget, you can stick to a more budget-friendly DIY floor cleaner. Let’s unveil the steps down below.
- Mix a few drops of dish soap, a cup of warm and clean water, white vinegar, and baking soda.
- For a carpeted floor, it is best to mix all these ingredients in an empty spray bottle to easily spritz the solution onto the carpet.
Now that you have learned a few things on how to make homemade cleaning products, you won’t have any more excuses left to clean your floor. Your pantry is a great source of resources for making cleaning agents at home. Make sure that you choose one that is a perfect match for whatever type of flooring you have.
How to Pick the Right Quickie Sponge Mop
The market offers a wide variety of quickie sponge mops that you can choose from. There are a lot of designs, colors, sizes, and brands that can confuse you in selecting what will work best for you. What should be your guideline in choosing the right kind of sponge mop? How would you know that it is the perfect one?
Well, here are some tips that you can apply to your decision-making process.
1. Look for one that is made with the right set of materials
- There is a sea of options that you will be diving into, yet only a few surely stand out when it comes to how it is made. Consider what are the main materials used to make the quickie sponge mop that you want to purchase.
- In this case, look for one that is sturdy enough. It is also important to search for a sponge material that does not tear and wear out so easily, even when using it on a rough and uneven surface.
- Always select the one that is durable and can support your cleaning needs for a much longer time.
2. You also need to consider the quality and comfortability of the mop’s handle.
- Ensure that you are going to purchase one that gives you the best kind of comfort when handling the mop.
- Choose one with a mop handle that does not easily slip from your hands, one that can allow you to hold it with a tight grip.
- You also need to consider the size of the handle if it is compatible and comfortable with the size of your hands. It is also best to use a handle that you can easily adjust according to your preference.
3. Consider what you are going to use it for.
- There are two types of a quickie sponge mop. One is to absorb and clean spillage, and the other one is perfect for floor deep cleaning.
No matter what your preferences are, make sure that the kind of quickie sponge mop that you are going to pick is going to provide you with the quality, comfortability, and durability that you need.
You have just unveiled all the important information on how to use quickie sponge mop and as well as how to pick the right one. Everyone loves how this lightweight material is making such a huge difference in every household. Check out some of the best mops here!
A clean house will always help in boosting your energy. Seeing the floor spotless and being able to breathe freely without the presence of dust
If you are looking for a mop that can carefully clean vinyl floors, a sponge mop is the best choice for you. As sponge mops are easy to maintain and use