How To Load A Packing Tape Dispenser: A Step-By-Step Guide
Have you ever tried taping a huge box only to be interrupted because you ran out of packing tape? Are you wondering how to load a packing tape dispenser? You're in the right place. Loading a packing tape is not as hard as you think. This easy step-by-step guide will help you get the job done ASAP.
2 Ways Of Loading A Packing Tape Dispenser
A packing tape dispenser differs from a regular tape dispenser because of its main use. Packing tapes use hand dispensers or tape guns, making it easier for users to tape larger surfaces. But the method on how to load a packing tape dispenser still follows the same concept with a few differences. Here are the steps:
- Lay the tape wheel flat on the table.
- Push the tape on the wheel.
- Ensure the unwinding tape rotation is sticky side down.
- Pull six inches off the roll.
- Place the pulled tape between the roller and the metal gate.
- With the sticky side still down, pull the tape under the roller.
- Cut off any excess tape.
- Tighten your dispenser's tension knob if you feel the tape unwinds too fast.
Work is faster if you know how to load a packing tape gun. But dispensers come in different models, so let's look at another way of how to load a packing tape dispenser:
- Insert the roll of the tape on the large dispenser wheel on the top-right of the dispenser. Handle grip must be positioned to the right.
- Make sure the tape is sticky side facing down while the dispenser is pulled back.
- Pull the tape roll sticky side down through the slot right between the dispenser roller and the metal guide. If the tape is placed the wrong way, it will stick to the roller.
- Adjust the tension of your dispenser so you can set a smooth unwind mechanism.
CAUTION: Be careful of the cutting blade. Use carefully and be aware while loading your tape and adjusting the tension.
Now that you know how to thread a tape dispenser for packing tape, your tape dispenser is ready to use!
Reminders When Handling A Packing Tape Gun
- These packing tape dispensers have a sharp cutting blade. You should train new employees before they start handling the device.
- The tape is more secure if you smooth it with your hands along the sides of the cardboard box.
- Make sure to use the correct tape roll. If the tape doesn't have a snug fit, it is the wrong type of tape roll.
Convenience in packing has reached a whole different level because of hand-held dispensers and tape guns. And now that you know how to load a packing tape dispenser, you can finally continue securing those items with ease and without interruption. Discover how to use packing tapes here!
Hands are one of the most used parts of our body. It helps us get what we need, feel the temperature, do things like squeezing, twisting, tapping, writing, sculpting, shaping, and more. If we are to enumerate what it can do, one page will not be enough.
Sealing boxes and cartons require too much energy without the right tools. Using a packing tape dispenser can help make the job easier.