Can You Put Rubber Gloves In The Washing Machine?
Wearing rubbing gloves to do household work and kitchen chores are necessary to protect your hands and skin from various chemicals and dirt. This is why having clean working gloves is essential. How do you keep those rubber work gloves clean? Can you put rubber gloves in the washing machine? Are rubber gloves washable?
Household rubber gloves will do good in the machine as long as you put them in with towels and other fabric or place them in a garment bag. The disposable ones must never be reused and put in the machine. However, cleaning those gloves in the washing machine will easily degrade the rubber and cause the glove to fail.
So, how do you clean rubber gloves? Keep on reading to know how to clean and care for your rubber gloves properly.
Can You Put Rubber Gloves In The Washing Machine
A clean work glove is essential to keep your hands well-protected. But, can you put rubber gloves in the washing machine?
Putting your rubber gloves in the washing machine is acceptable. Place them with towels and other similar items or put them in a garment bag. Then, use the gentle or delicate cycle. The downside of using this method in cleaning your rubber gloves is that it will make them less durable and will certainly not last long.
On the other hand, if you are using latex and nitrile medical-style gloves, then you don’t need to wash them in the washing machine. According to Lucy Wilson, these types of gloves are designed for single-use, chair of the department of emergency health services at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Reusing them will defeat the purpose and will put you at risk of contaminating yourself. Removing them alone is difficult, so you need to know how to take them off correctly. Throw them in a bin designated for used gloves after each use.
How To Wash Rubber Work Gloves
Now that you know the answer to “can you put rubber gloves in the washing machine", let's proceed with ways to wash your pair.
Rubber gloves are vital as they protect your hands from harsh chemicals, hot water, and other substances you do not touch. Keeping your rubber gloves clean and durable is crucial to keep your hands and skin well protected.
It is necessary to wash your rubber gloves, especially if you use them daily for a long time. Follow the steps below on how to wash your rubber work gloves.
- Wash the outside of your rubber gloves using a mild liquid detergent and warm water. Rub it gently to remove dirt.
- Turn them inside out. Then, wash them using the same mixture of mild detergent and warm water.
- Rinse the gloves with warm water. Then, hang them or place them over a long neck bottle to dry.
How To Clean And Maintain Rubber Gloves
It is essential to ensure that your rubber gloves are clean and durable to keep your hands and skin protected. Here are some ways to keep it clean and maintain its durability.
- Wash your gloves after each use. The chemicals and substances you want to avoid are surely on your working gloves' outside surface. After using your working gloves, rinse them thoroughly. Do this while you are still wearing them to avoid water and residue getting on your hands. Then, let them dry completely. Better if you turn them inside out after the outer part has dried completely. Note that it is vital to keep them dry to avoid moisture as it can create a yucky mess to put your hands back in for your next task.
- Keep your gloves from heat and sunlight when they are being stored—placing them near a window where full sunlight streams or in a hot storage room will turn them into a melted mess. Also, keep them away from knives, shears, and other pointed objects to protect them from being punctured.
- Do not mix your rubber gloves in the kitchen and the bathroom. It is a big no-no to use the same gloves or interchange them. Choose a different color for each user, and if possible, store a pair where you will be doing the task. That way, you won't get confused and not interchange them accidentally.
- Most importantly, always wear your gloves when doing household chores. Take that extra few minutes to wear them on. This is essential to protect your hands, nails, and skin.
More people these days are becoming more conscious and careful when it comes to touching things. This is why the use of rubber gloves has surged dramatically. Some people may want to keep and reuse them to save money and lessen the amount of waste.
Knowing and understanding the type of gloves you are using is essential before throwing them in the bin or reusing them. Next time, when someone asks, can you put rubber gloves in the washing machine? You'll know what to say. Also, share with your friends how to properly clean them and care for them. Find out more about rubber gloves here!
Rubber gloves are one of the household tools we always need. There are different types for different work you need to do.
Cleaning the different parts of your home can get you exposed to germs, dirt, and other bacteria that may cause skin irritation.
When cleaning glassware, glass doors, and other glass surfaces, it’s such a nuisance when we leave our prints on it.