Even with all the advancements in technology and electrical system, there is no assurance when these conveniences will remain throughout the night. That’s why portable flashlights are developed. They are meant to provide us with light at times of darkness. But why is my flashlight not working? This article provides you with relevant knowledge about this topic and ways on how to fix this issue.
Reasons Why Flashlights Stop Working
Flashlights are one of the most valuable things that one person should carry at all times. This is one of the main reasons why cellphone and technology companies still attach flashlights on phones even until today’s latest smart models. These things provide us with so many benefits, especially during unexpected blackouts or when you are stranded in the streets or in the middle of nowhere.
But, flashlights are also vulnerable devices, especially those that are not equipped with waterproof materials. “Why is my flashlight not working at times when I need it most?” There could be multiple reasons that can answer your concern, and we will unpack them one by one on the information written down below.
Why is my flashlight not working?
- Android Phones
- Why is my flashlight not working on my android phone? If this is the case, there is probably some inner hardware issue happening on your android device.
- This can be due to shock after dropping your phone from a very high place.
- There could also be some software issue going around and caused your phone’s flashlight to fail in doing its work.
- Why doesn’t my flashlight work? Ios flashlight not working can be due to some hardware issues as well.
- Bugs after a software update can cause this problem.
- The camera app might be a contributor to the problem.
- Emergency Flashlight
- If your emergency flashlight would not turn on after several attempts, it might have battery issues.
- It could have a leaking battery or a drained one.
How to Fix a Broken Flashlight
Flashlights are truly a necessity to help everyone get through the dark during unexpected brownouts. But despite its best purpose, flashlights can also face certain issues that can lead to its deterioration. With all the reasons mentioned above, here are some ways that you can apply to fix your broken flashlight according to the root cause of the problem. Make sure to take down some notes and have it working right away.
Fixing flashlights on android phones:
- Turn Off/Restart your phone.
- If you have some issues with the flashlight of your android phone, the first thing you can do to aid your problem is to turn off or restart the phone.
- You can do this process repeatedly to try to fix the flashlight. This works for a lot of android phones, so it may do some work for you as well.
- Turn on Safe Mode
- Developers for phone operating systems have made a feature called “safe mode.” This feature also works for android.
- This software is made to block third-party apps from messing with your phone processes. There are apps in the market that targets the critical functionalities of your phone.
- Turning on safe mode can have a positive effect on fixing the flashlight of the device.
- If you are having a problem accessing this feature, you can check your phone’s manual for a more specific guide.
- Reset the camera app
- The camera app of your phone could also be the main interference of your device’s other functionalities, including the flashlight.
- Try to reset the camera by navigating to the settings of your phone. Then, go to the “Applications” section and tap on “Camera”. Click on the storage box on the camera settings and hit “clear data” with your fingers. This will allow the camera to delete existing data and reset itself for better performance.
For iOS Device:
- Charge the iPhone
- One of the main reasons why flashlights and flash on an iPhone’s camera cease to work is the lack of battery life.
- Your device’s system automatically stops other features to compensate for the remaining battery amount of your phone. This is programmed to help the phone work even at minimum battery life.
- So, if the phone’s battery is almost empty, make sure to plug it in to charge.
- Exit the Camera App of Your iPhone
- If an iPhone camera is on display, the system does not allow the flashlight to turn on. This is because the camera is using the LED of the device.
- So, to fix your problem, make sure that you exit or close your iPhone’s camera app to gain access to the flashlight again.
- Restart the iPhone
- Same as android phones, certain bugs in your iPhone could also be fixed by turning off or restarting the device. Try to do this process multiple times if the problem is not fixed at the first attempt.
- You can do this by pressing and holding your iPhone’s power button until a “Slide to Power” off option displays on the screen. Swipe the “Slide to Power Off” option to shut down your iPhone. Press and hold the same button to turn the phone on again.
For Emergency Flashlights:
- Check the Batteries of the Device
- The most vulnerable part of an emergency flashlight could be its battery. So, if it is not working the way it is supposed to, the problem could be the battery itself.
- You can try to charge the battery again or replace it with a new one to see if your issue is fixed.
- If the batteries are leaking, make sure that you do not dump them anywhere. Make sure to dispose of them using the right way. If you do not know how to dispose of flashlight batteries, you can check the manufacturer’s manual for a more specific guide
“Why is my flashlight not working?” The answer was freely provided in the content of this article. Hopefully, those methods will help you in fixing the root cause of the problem. However, if luck isn’t on your corner, you will be having no choice but to bring your device to a professional repairman and have it checked. Know more about advanced items here!