Janitorial supplies refer to the products, tools, and equipment that are necessary to keep an area clean. Also referred to as custodial supplies, janitorial supplies are a must-have for any home, office, or commercial establishment.
If you’re wondering what are the janitorial supplies that are essential for your home or for your business, here’s everything that you need to know:
Janitorial Cleaning Products
The best janitorial cleaning products are those that allow you to clean a specific area with the least amount of time and effort as possible. When shopping for cleaning products, it’s best to purchase them in bulk or wholesale to save time and money.
Below are some examples of must-have cleaning products:
- Air freshener
- All-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, soap scum remover, grout and tile cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner
- DIY cleaners, such as water mixed with vinegar and baking soda
Janitorial Cleaning Tools and Equipment
Janitorial cleaning tools are used to apply cleaning products to various surfaces. What are janitorial supplies that you need to keep your home or office clean? Check out some important items below:
- Vacuum – Find one that is powerful but is easy-to-use. Remember that while cordless or handheld vacuums may be more convenient, they also tend to be less powerful.
- Mop, bucket, and wringer – Even with an auto-scrubber, some places can only be properly cleaned using a mop.
- Broom and dustpan – Choose those with a long, expandable handle to help you clean hard-to-reach spaces.
- Cleaning cloths or towels – Purchase microfiber cloths as they’re useful for trapping dirt and dust and reducing the spread of airborne dust.
- Cleaning brushes – For deep-seated dirt, a good cleaning brush is vital.
- Paper towels – Have enough of these to clean up any mess or spills right away.
- Maintenance tools like monkey wrench, screwdriver, and plunger.
How to Choose Janitorial Supplies
You’ll find so many specialized janitorial cleaning supplies that you don’t actually need. Unless you have your own cleaning company, there’s no need to waste your money on them. It’s best to stick to the essential supplies that sufficiently address all your cleaning needs.
If you’re wondering what are janitorial supplies that you absolutely need for your home or office, here are some great tips to help you make your choice:
- Choose janitorial supplies that are durable and will last you for a long time. While popular consumer brands are more likely to offer high-quality, don’t rely on the brand name alone. Do your research as well to make sure that you’re purchasing supplies that are of excellent quality.
- If you’re purchasing them for your office, stick to commercial janitorial supplies. The level of strength, effectiveness, and durability of commercial products are different from household ones.
- Look for janitorial tools and equipment that are portable. This is especially important if you have a large floor area and plenty of nooks and crannies that need to be cleaned.
What are janitorial supplies? They’re an umbrella term for cleaning products, tools, and equipment used for residential or industrial purposes. If you’re planning to purchase them, follow the tips above to be certain that you’re purchasing the ones that directly address your needs. Learn more about janitorial supplies here!