Should You Vacuum After Carpet Cleaning?
Let's play the guessing game! What machine should we use if we want to suck all the dirt and dust in the house? This question is really easy, and the first thing that will come to our mind is the vacuum cleaner. Since it was invented, cleaning has never been so easy and fun. But there is a question being raised by many, and we bet you heard about it. Should you vacuum after carpet cleaning? You might as well read this article till the end because this is what we will answer.
Reasons that Will Convince you to Invest in a Vacuum Cleaner
Not all of us are a fan of technology. For some, it is good not to follow some of the modernization because it changes our lifestyle. An example of this is the use of a vacuum cleaner. For some, manual dusting is better because you can be sure that no dust and dirt will be left behind. Plus, it consumes energy, so it will add up to your electric bill. But is it good to invest in a vacuum cleaner? Here are some reasons that you can reflect on.
- Allergens and pollutants are just floating in the air. It triggers allergy once you inhale them. Using a vacuum to eliminate dust mites and other pollutants will prevent you from asthma attacks, sneezing, runny nose, itchy rashes, cough, and more.
- Surprisingly, this is a good exercise because you will be doing this multiple times
- It will help you focus
- It will help you prevent backaches from manual scrubbing and sweeping. You don't need to bend over, so it is easy to walk around and clean.
- It will help you get rid of dust mites, fleas, and even ticks that are roaming around in your room. They may be too small, but the vacuum's powerful sucking function will get rid of them.
- It will help you save time.
- It can help you reduce stress by lifting and sucking the tiny eyesores.
But what to do after carpet cleaning? Should you vacuum after carpet cleaning? Read more below to get the answer.
Check Your Carpet
So should you vacuum after carpet cleaning? First, you should know that carpet is one of the most abused areas in the house. Why? Because this is where our guests and we step most of the time. If you are following a regular cleaning schedule, you can use your vacuum. If you have pets and small kids, dirt and dust will always be present. So it would help if you vacuum it at least two to three times a week.
Follow the V-C-V Method
Following the V-C-V method is another way to determine if should you vacuum after carpet cleaning. Why? Because the carpet holds much soil and dust that are our eyes may not see. V-C-V means vacuum, clean, vacuum. Here’s how you do it.
What to do:
- Remove all the materials and furniture above your carpet.
- Ready your vacuum
- Start vacuuming the top of your carpet.
- Roll your carpet
- Put it outside of your house.
- Vacuum the dirt and dust left in your carpet area
- Clean the carpet outside by giving it a good scrub with mild soap and water
- Rinse it well using your hose
- Hang it in an airy place to dry
- Wait for it to dry. It might take a whole day, but it is worth it.
- Once it dries, you can put back and vacuum it again.
- Put back the furniture and enjoy your clean carpet.
- You don’t have to wash your carpet if you have a high-tech vacuum.
- All you need to do is mist the carpet with hot water mixed with mild detergent.
- Then, turn on your vacuum and let it do the work.
Carpets add beauty to our house. But this is also one of the abused parts of our house since we step on it. Regular cleaning and vacuuming is a must if you want to keep it clean and to look classy. And now that you already know if should you vacuum after carpet cleaning, your carpet will stay dust and dirt-free. Discover more about vacuums here!
Trash bags are convenient and reliable household products that store your daily garbage at home. In recent years, more and more companies