Must Have Office Supplies
If you need supplies for a new office or if you’re just restocking, remember that it’s essential to have the items that will turn your business into a well-oiled machine readily available.
Check out some of the must-have office supplies that you need for your business.
Paper and Basic Stationery
Although it’s a good idea to go green and have most of your files in an electronic format, there’s no denying that most businesses still rely on paper products. On top of having enough printer paper for any essential documents that have to be printed or copied, you should also stock on the following must have office supplies for work:
- Stationary with the company letterhead
- Spiral notebooks and writing pads for brainstorming and notetaking
- Phone message pads
- Sticky notes in various colors to write down ideas or reminders that your employees might want to keep near their workspace
Since paper is still a primary fixture in most businesses today, you’ll need plenty of filing supplies to keep your documents organized. If you have a filing cabinet, you’ll also need plenty of envelopes and folders to keep things clean and systematic.
Here are some examples of must have office supplies that will allow you to find whatever document you’re looking for right away:
- A desktop file organizer – This handy tool enables you to quickly get your hands on the files or documents you need without leaving your desk.
- Report covers or 3-ring binders – Stay organized with these binders that enable you to keep voluminous documents easily accessible and easy-to-find.
- Hanging file folders – Maximize storage space with this organizational material that allows you to keep your receipts, paperwork, and other crucial documents safe and within easy reach.
Even if you’re planning to hire a professional cleaning service to keep your office clean, it’s still a good idea to have some basic cleaning supplies on hand. Remember that whenever a lot of people gather in one place, things are bound to get dirty.
Here are some of the essential must have office supplies for cleaning that will keep your workspace neat and sanitary:
- Cleaning products, like dishwashing soap, disinfectant, cleansing wipes, and hand soap ensure that you can clean up dirt, dust, and grime immediately.
- Rubber or disposable gloves are essential in case you need to do some intensive cleaning.
- Garbage and recycling bags, especially when you have impromptu celebrations or parties, will help clear out any unexpected waste.
- Tissues, paper towels, and napkins will help you mop up any accidental spills or stains. More importantly, they’ll help you control the spread of germs around the office, so keep a few boxes readily available for your employees and guests.
Balance Passion and Wisdom
It easier to be productive and efficient when one’s space is organized, clean, and well-stocked with the must have office supplies. Having all of the items listed above will not just ensure smooth and efficient operations for your business, but also make sure that your employees are happy and ready to take on the day. Learn more about office supplies here!
Employees are indeed more efficient with the right resources. But with multiple employees and a list of supplies to track, this responsibility can be challenging.
Many people who work in an office take office supplies for granted. They also often overlook the importance of quality stationery in the office.