How To Use A Tape Dispenser: Packing 101
It is said that the manufacturing process of a company should be high-speed and efficient. When it comes to moving and packing, one of the most important supplies is a tape dispenser. Knowing how to use tape dispenser makes a big difference in the company’s overall manufacturing process.
Types of Tape Dispenser You’ll Love
In this article, you’ll learn how to use tape dispenser and know its different types and uses.
- Hand-Held Tape Dispenser – This guy’s been around for a while because of its usefulness. It removes the need for scissors. It also speeds up sealing cartons by an ample amount. The smart design of this allows you to mount the carton sealing tape and wrap it around a roller, which saves you from the hassle of looking for the end of the tape.
- Multi-Roll Tape Dispenser – You’ll never know when you need this for it’s always helpful to have multiple styles of tape on-hand. Holding assorted tapes on one bar, each attached to a cutting blade, makes them ready for on-demand use. Using this type makes it easy to move around because its manual operation means there is no power cord to contend with.
- Kraft Tape Dispenser – Kraft packing tape dispenser is a popular option since security is always a concern in shipping customer orders. It is an adhesive that is activated by water. In applying one, you have to cut, measure, and make it wet with water. It adheres and melds to a shipping carton that makes it impossible to remove without leaving evidence behind.
- Definite Length Tape Dispenser – This type of tape dispenser adds measuring features to the powered cutting tape. You can ensure the exact length of tape you need is cut and dispensed with just a touch of a button. It reduces waste, saves time, and avoids frustration.
Tape dispensers can be inconvenient to use if you don’t have a basic understanding of how to use tape dispenser. But once perfected, this tool will save you a ton of time. Wondering how to use one? Here’s how:
- Load the tape dispenser with the sticky side, but make sure to face away from the blade.
- Unfold your box. With the top placing down, place it on a flat surface.
- In handling the tape, make sure to use your dominant hand while your off-hand picks the tape tab off the roll.
- Put the end of the tape down to the side of the box.
- Lay the tape on the box then continue pulling the dispenser until the entire bottom ridge is taped.
- Rotate the dispenser upwards until the blade edge cuts the tape away.
- Press the tape on the box.
- Flip your box over, and start packaging your materials.
- To finish this ‘how to use tape dispenser’ tutorial, repeat steps 2-7 to secure the top of the box.
Efficient Use of Tape Dispenser
A tape dispenser is often used to increase productivity in manufacturing. Using this doesn’t require you to manually measure or cut each piece of tape on high volumes of product or packaging. That’s why learning how to use tape dispenser is the key to efficient moving and packing products. Discover more tips on how to use tape dispenser here!
Sealing boxes and cartons require too much energy without the right tools. Using a packing tape dispenser can help make the job easier.
Hands are one of the most used parts of our body. It helps us get what we need, feel the temperature, do things like squeezing, twisting, tapping, writing, sculpting, shaping, and more. If we are to enumerate what it can do, one page will not be enough.