Sealing boxes and cartons require too much energy without the right tools. Using a packing tape dispenser can help make the job easier. More importantly, well-packed boxes ensure safe and intact packages.
Here are some crucial tips to remember if you want to know how to use a packing tape dispenser correctly.
Loading the Packing Tape Dispenser
Knowing how to use a packing tape dispenser properly will save you a lot of time while you’re packing your things. However, you should first know how to load the dispenser correctly. Check out the following steps on how to set up packing tape roller correctly.
- Place the dispenser on a flat surface.
- Push the packing tape on the wheel of the dispenser. Make sure that tape is positioned in such a way that it will unwind with the sticky side facing downwards.
- Locate the end of the packing tape roll. If you’re using a new roll, the ends should be visibly marked. If it’s an old one, use your fingernail to feel for where the end is located.
- Pull around 5-6 inches of tape off the roll and place this between the metal gate and roller. Hold the gate open by pressing down on the metal tab.
- Pull the tape under the roller and over the serrated blade. Be cautious during this step, and don’t cut yourself on the blade. Cut off any excess tape.
- If the packing tape unwinds too quickly, you should tighten the tension knob by turning it clockwise. If it gets too tight, turn the knob counterclockwise.
- Test whether you’ve done all the steps correctly. Use an old box for this trial. Press your dispenser against the box, and pull it back to determine whether the tape correctly unwinds and adheres to the surface.
How to Use Packing Tape Dispenser
Now that you have the dispenser loaded, you can start using it to pack up your stuff. Make sure that you know how to use the packing tape dispenser correctly to ensure a quick and efficient process.
Follow the steps below on how to operate the packing tape dispenser properly:
- Position the packing tape dispenser on top of the box. Apply the tape at the end.
- Glide the dispenser across the surface. Ensure that the tape is in constant contact with the box until you reach the other end.
- Once you reach the other end of the box, tilt the dispenser forward, pull down, and twist. This will cut the tape off.
- Repeat the process as many times as required. It’s also a good idea to overlap the tape and make the box stronger. This will ensure that the box won’t accidentally open while it’s being shipped.
Before taping and shipping multiple boxes, having the right tools with you will make the process so much easier. Knowing how to use packing tape dispenser properly is an absolute necessity if you want to save time and energy. Learn more tips on how to use tape dispenser here!