Ensuring that the floor stays clean at all times is something that every household and business should give priority to. Certain appliances and machines have been invented solely for this task. In this article, you will dive into the simple process of how to use floor polisher machine. Learning how to operate a floor polisher is just one of the many methods for maintaining the shine of any floorings.
Process on How to Use Floor Polisher the Right Way
How do you use a floor buffer? Floor polisher or floor buffer to many is one of the most used floor cleaning machines. This is powered by electricity; thus, it offers its users convenience and ease. Its size is almost the same as a vacuum cleaner. They are perfect to use with your non-carpeted flooring, especially something built with wooden material.
They are mostly used in schools and hospitals because they effectively remove dirt and grime on the floor, and they can also efficiently save time in cleaning large floor areas. Machines like this work at high-speed while delivering their purpose in a very productive way.
However, if you are a new user of this machine, you might be having a hard time learning how to operate it right. Well, this article got you covered. Take a look at the simple steps on how to use floor polisher machine listed below.
How to use floor polisher machine:
- Before starting the main cleaning method, make sure to clear all the furniture and appliances away from the floor.
- Gently move them from the desired cleaning spot and ensure that their placement would not harm you in the process.
- You can put them outside of the room, such as in a hallway or a separate room. We do it to prevent the machine from absorbing or picking up important things.
- Check the machine if it is still suitable for the task.
- This is one of the most important steps on how to use floor polisher machine before using it.
- Take a look at the buffer pad and see if it is already worn out or is filled with dirt and soil. If it is dirty, make sure that you don’t use it during the cleaning process.
- A dirty and filthy buffer pad can damage and scratch your non-carpeted floor, especially when you are using the machine’s maximum speed.
- Also, you need to check if the pad or the machine has missing pieces or loose screws. This is to avoid accidents when cleaning.
- Follow the proper way in the polishing process.
- Look for the room’s farthest area from the entrance because that place should be your starting point. This ensures that no one could be stepping on the newly polished or buffed area of the floor.
- Accidentally stepping on it while it is not yet dry can cause a dent on the floor’s surface.
- Look for an electrical outlet that will enable your polisher machine to reach long areas. If the buffer’s cord is not long enough, you can use an extension wire to cover the missing length.
- Setting up the floor
- To set up the floor for the actual polishing process, make sure that you apply enough solution cream on its surface.
- You can use a pad in this process or you can apply it directly on the non-carpeted floor.
- How to turn the buffer on?
- Turning on the buffer is easy. All you have to do is to check or look for the “on” button on the machine. This is often placed along with the other control buttons.
- If you still could not find it, you can ask the user’s manual for some basic guides.
- You also have to make sure that the settings you are going to be using in this process are accurate enough for the flooring type you have.
- Also, select enough speed depending on how dirty the floor is.
- How to start cleaning the floor with the buffer?
- Do not immediately start at high speed when cleaning the floor. Start slowly and gently to make sure that you are getting enough dirt from the surface.
- You can move from the left to right direction.
- Make sure that you do not skip any dirty spots.
- Double-check the floor if there is any large chunk of debris left.
- Before moving in another direction, make sure that you check if the floor is entirely free from large or important debris.
- You also need to check if the pad is in need of a replacement.
- Finish it up.
- Once the floor is entirely clean, leave it for a few minutes or hours before stepping on it again. Do not move back all the furniture and appliances immediately after polishing.
How to Maintain Floor Polisher
Proper maintenance is highly required to ensure that your floor polisher can last you for a much longer time. Every cleaning machine has some specific needs provided by the manufacturer or the brand itself. Below are some tips that you can follow to get the most out of your buffer throughout its lifetime:
- Do not store them right away after use.
- Clean and wipe it down after you use it on your floor.
- Since the polisher has just been exposed to dirt, make sure that you use a disinfectant spray to free it from any bacteria and germs.
- You can also use a lubricant spray to handle adjustments regularly and make sure that it works smoothly.
- Remove the pad of the machine and put it in a safe and clean space.
- Lastly, before you place them inside a storage box or room, you have to check it for defects. Try to see if there are any damaged parts and loose screws. Fix and replace those parts right away. Know more floor cleaning tips here.
These are some ways on how to use floor polisher machine properly. As a user, you also need to apply maintenance methods that can help extend your buffer’s life according to the guidelines set by the manufacturer. By following these easy steps, you can securely and safely protect your floor and as well as this powerful equipment.