If you have several layers of coffee filters in your kitchen and are holding your third cup of coffee for the day even before the sun sets, then you are a certified coffeeholic. Let’s admit it. A lot of us cannot function well without our daily dose of caffeine. This is why coffee-lovers always have their stock of coffee and coffee filters at home like it is their lifeline. One of the most important accessories for coffee lovers is the coffee filter. If you’re wondering how to store coffee filters, check out this guide!
What Are Coffee Filters?
Well, let’s talk about coffee filters. A coffee filter is usually made of disposable paper used for coffee brewing. Its job is to trap the coffee grounds and allow the liquid (which is your coffee) to flow through. These thin coffee-brewing utensils play a significant role in making your coffee, which is why it deserves to be well taken care of. This means that coffee filters should be given proper consideration as it could affect your coffee quality.
Some people complain about the papery taste they get from their coffee. Well, it could be because of the poor handling and storage of their coffee filters. So, how to store coffee filters properly? Read on and learn proper coffee filter storage using some household items already available in your kitchen.
Ways On How To Store Coffee Filters Using Household Items
- Ziploc – this resealable plastic bag container is not just ideal for leftover sandwiches and nails but also for coffee filters as well. It does not only keep your coffee filters in one place, but it also prevents them from getting contaminated with cooking oil, dust, and other stuff resulting in a papery taste in your coffee.
- Margarine Container – if you’re wondering how to keep coffee filters in shape, your margarine container is the solution. Don’t throw that plastic container yet, as it can keep your coffee filters clean and keep its form. Wash the container and its lid thoroughly, ensure that there’s no margarine left, and then let it dry completely. Place the coffee filters inside, then place the cover.
- An Old Coffee Can – an old empty coffee can be used as your coffee filter storage container, whether metal or plastic. These cans never lose their shape, making your coffee filters safe, clean, and dry.
- Round Food Container – if you have an empty round container that is lying around your kitchen, well, it’s about time to grab it and make use of it as your coffee filter storage container. This will keep the filters in shape and clean as well.
How To Store Coffee Filters Using Other Items
Let’s say you want to keep your coffee filters in fancy containers that match your kitchen style. No problem. Here are some ways on how to store coffee filters just the way you like.
- OXO Airtight Round Canister
- You do not have to spend a lot to get an ideal storage solution for your coffee filters. The OXO Airtight Round Canister is an affordable and excellent choice for your coffee filters. Also, as described, it is airtight, so it would certainly keep the filters clean and dry. OXO canister is also a great food container. So, if you want to keep your coffee filters somewhere else, you can always use the OXO canister for another great purpose.
- CAFEMASY Filter Holder
- CAFEMASY Coffee Filter has been around for years and is one of the best options for your coffee station. It has a classic design that makes storing your coffee filters easy and fancy. It comes with a special cover that protects the paper filters from dust and moisture.
- Bamboo Filter Holder
- If you are looking for natural color and a minimalist look, this coffee filter holder is the answer; its material is made from natural bamboo. This coffee filter holder can store up to 100 coffee filter papers and is freestanding, which means there is no need for additional brackets or mounting tools.
- ARGENTA Coffee Filter Container
- This coffee filter container is ideal for cone filters alone. However, if you are using cone filters, then this one is for you. You’d surely love this coffee container as it can hold up to 80 filters of three different sizes: #1, #2, and #4; it is made from a combination of brass and black walnut and can be mounted to the wall by a magnet. Lovely, isn’t it?
- KOVOT Pod Holder And Organizer
- This one is specifically designed for coffee pods. However, you can store several items here, including coffee filters. The KOVOT Coffee Pod Holder and Organizer have a metal plate in the middle, which would certainly look great in any kitchen.
Every coffee lovers know that coffee filters are essential in the coffee-making process. This is why knowing how to store coffee filters properly is necessary. Share these beautiful ideas with other coffeeholic and keep those coffee filters dry, clean, and always in shape. Find out more about coffee filters here!