There is something about wooden floors that gives everyone a calming and welcoming vibe. However, if your hardwood floors are all dirty and greasy, it can drive your visitors away. But, with extra care and using the right products, your flooring will be shiny and clean again. Learn how to polish wood floors naturally with this ultimate guide prepared for you.
Best Ways to Polish Wooden Floors Naturally
Wooden floors do need extra maintenance compared to other types of flooring. This floor can easily get damaged and worn out if the homeowners do not provide the care it needs. Using random cleaning solutions and materials can make the problem worse, and it can also cost you a lot of money. But, these recommended DIY wood floor shine and DIY wood floor polish can help you maintain the best of your floor while maintaining its best color.
So, do you know how to polish wood floors naturally? Take a look at these incredible recipes and tips below to help you get started.
- Before you dive into the process of how to polish wood floors naturally, you need first to start your way by cleaning off the floor from dirt and dust. You can do this by gently sweeping your wooden floor to prepare for the actual polishing process.
- Another essential step on how to polish wood floors naturally is to determine what type of food your floor is. This can help you have an initial insight into the best material you are going to use for it. Remember that when you use the wrong ingredient for your type of floor, there is a huge possibility that it can be damaged and worn out so easily. Make sure to avoid using huge amounts of water because it is very risky for any wooden materials.
- One of the best ways to clean and polish wooden floors is to use a lemon juice floor cleaner and olive oil.
- Lemon juice is a perfect natural solution to remove grease and stubborn stains on your wooden floor. Always make sure to combine it with enough water to reduce the acid level of the lemon juice.
- Once you are done applying the lemon juice, you can top it with olive oil to give it a more pretty finish. Lemon juice and olive oil are also perfect for bamboo floors because of their natural ingredients that can give your floor more shine.
- To do this, you will mix both of the ingredients in a bucket and add one gallon of hot water. Before you apply the mixture on the floor, make sure that you remove the excess moisture from the mop to prevent damage.
- Once you are done mopping, leave the floor to dry by itself.
- Another great trick is to make homemade wood floor polish using essential oils. One of the best essential oils to use is a lemon essential oil. You can use this by mixing it with a little bit of white vinegar for extra power. This is a combination of a cleaner and a floor shiner.
- This recipe can help remove stubborn grease and dirt that dulls the shine of the floor. This is also a perfect solution for your wooden cabinets and walls.
- Make sure that you mix the vinegar with enough water to reduce its acid level. Then, you are going to need to add the essential oil with the mixed ingredients. This recipe’s perfect container is an empty spray bottle because it can help provide easy access to the cleaner. If the grease on the floor is too intense, make sure that you use a kind of essential oil with a high level of citric acid. One example of this is an orange essential oil.
- However, if you want to have a faster and straight solution, you can apply those essential oils straight to the floor. Ensure that you only use a small amount of oil to prevent the floor from getting too slippery.
- Aside from essential oils, another type of oil that’s perfect for wood polishing is coconut oil. This is a perfect recipe if your wooden floor is already too dry.
- The ingredients you will need in this project are; coconut oil, mineral oil, and beeswax pellets.
- You will need to heat all of the needed ingredients; make sure that the beeswax will properly melt and mix with the oils.
- Once everything is blended well, you can now use it to apply on your floor. You need to ensure that you make the application well and balanced to prevent build-up from happening.
- However, if you do not have any more choice but to use a commercial floor cleaner, you must carefully read the ingredients. Certain ingredients do not work well with every type of wooden floor.
The Benefits of Using Natural Floor Polisher
Aside from keeping your floor shiny and clean, natural floor polishers can also serve you with extra benefits. Here are some of those.
- They are budget-friendly.
- They can help protect your respiratory system from getting harmed by harmful chemicals.
- They are also friendly to the environment.
- If anyone from your household has a skin allergy, switching from commercial floor cleaners to natural ones can reduce the risk of having allergic reactions. These eco-friendly products are less harmful to human skin because they contain hypo-allergenic ingredients.
- Using natural ingredients for this wood cleaning product reduces the risk of air pollution and indoor pollution. They are even a perfect tool to help eliminate the growth of germs, bacteria, and toxins present on your floor.
Now you know how to polish wood floors naturally. These methods can help your wooden floor go a long way without losing its natural shine and color. Regularly applying these natural products is also a great step in taking an eco-friendly lifestyle. Discover more wood polishes here!