How To Make A Paper Towel Dispenser With This Easy DIY Project
A paper towel dispenser is an essential household accessory that provides quick access to paper towels whenever you need them at home or in your office. You mostly need paper towels in the bathroom and the kitchen almost every day, and you need a towel dispenser to keep them dry, well-arranged, and free from contamination. And the best part? It is easy to make one! Keep reading to know how to make paper towel dispenser.
How to Make Your Own Paper Towel Dispenser
- Container (preferably plastic)
- Needle and Thread
- Satin Ribbon (optional)
- After gathering your needed materials, the first step on how to make paper towel dispenser is to make some markings using the pen and ruler.
- Mark 10.5 cm vertically and 1.5 cm horizontally and connect the dot markings.
- Carefully cut that part out on your plastic container using a scissor.
- Cover the container with the fabric that you have prepared and sew it using the needle and thread.
- Make sure that the fabric must be wrapped around the container, then sew it inside before flipping.
- Cut that part of the fabric where you had the cut of the container, using the scissor.
- To make it more attractive, wrap around the satin ribbon and make a bow.
- Then it's time to put the paper towel roll inside the container and close it.
- Finally, make a pull out of the paper towel so you could easily make a simple pull every time.
Importance of Using a Paper Towel Dispenser
Paper towel dispensers might be the least that you think you should have at home, but they come in handy, especially when you need to quickly grab a paper towel when you need one in the kitchen or the bathroom. You will appreciate an easily accessible paper towel when you need immediate cleaning of a mess. That is why it is essential knowing how to make a paper towel dispenser.
When you don't have a paper towel dispenser, you might end up knocking the paper towel roll into the floor or sink, which makes it more difficult and less unsanitary. Having one also makes your home more organized, look good, and clutter-free.
A paper dispenser will also save you more paper because it makes a safe place for your paper towels, protecting it from spills and water leakage. They also facilitate easy maneuver using only one hand.
When you need to dry your hands after washing, paper towel dispensers provide all the convenience you need. Compared to electric hand dryers, electricity is unnecessary, and they make the task silently. They can also be easily placed in your preferred accessible area.
Using a paper towel dispenser will also save paper costs and reduce paper wastes. You will tend to use less paper because that is how the dispenser mechanism works. You will only be getting one at a time, depending on your need at the moment.
Tips to Make the Most of Your Paper Towel Dispenser
Paper towel dispensers are also available in the market, but why buy when you can make your own customized dispenser? Besides knowing how to make paper towel dispenser, it is also worth considering some tips to make the most of your household accessories. Consider the following tips:
- Choose a high-quality paper towel. You may have the best-customized paper towel dispenser, but having a low-quality paper towel may not be a perfect match. You can also save a bunch of paper when you use a quality paper towel.
- Place your paper towel dispenser somewhere away from the sink or hand dryer to keep it for long.
- Estimate your paper towel use every week to have a regular time for filling up the dispenser and unnecessary checking and opening.
- To efficiently use your paper towels, consider the benefits of waste segregation to benefit the environment. Use a waste bin that is specifically for the paper towels.
- When making a paper towel dispenser, make sure to have the perfect container size for your paper towel so you can use it with ease. Ensure that your container's size will be just enough, not too big and not too small.
Learning how to make a paper towel dispenser will save you from buying one and unlock a creative and resourceful skill. A customized paper towel dispenser will also improve the aesthetics of your home. Having a paper towel dispenser has lots of advantages aside from keeping your paper towels clean and accessible. It shows how you care about cleanliness and being organized in your home. Discover more cleaning hacks here!
It may seem easy to flush paper towels in the toilet, but flushing them down the toilet can cause serious plumbing problems.