How To Make Homemade Tile Floor Cleaner
Consumers today are becoming more conscious about the products that they’re bringing into their homes. Cleaning products, in particular, get a lot of flak for being toxic, bad for the environment, and expensive. When commercial cleaners just don’t make the cut, a DIY tile floor cleaner can be an excellent option for you.
Here’s everything that you need to know about how to make a homemade tile floor cleaner.
Natural Tile Floor Cleaner
Tile floors can accumulate a lot of dirt, grime, and dust over time. You need a cleaner that can gently get rid of dirt and stains while ensuring that the tiles don’t get damaged or compromised.
Check out the recipe below for how to make homemade tile floor cleaner that has natural ingredients but works just as well as most commercial cleaners:
- Prepare 1 gallon of hot water, 1 cup of baking soda, ¾ cup of white vinegar, and 1 cup of ammonia.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bucket. Make sure to stir well to dissolve the baking soda properly.
- Transfer some of the mixture into a spray bottle. You can apply this cleaner directly over your tiles while you’re cleaning.
Disinfecting Tile Floor Cleaner
Although regular cleaning products can remove dirt and grime quite effectively, they can’t stop the spread of harmful bacteria and viruses. Use a disinfecting cleaner to ensure that you and your household members are safe and healthy.
Refer to the steps below for how to make homemade tile floor cleaner that is just as effective in killing disease-causing germs as commercial cleaners:
- Prepare 2 cups warm water, ¼ cup isopropyl alcohol, 5-10 drops of essential oil, ½ cup white vinegar, and 1/8 tablespoon liquid dish soap.
- Mix the ingredients in a bucket. The white vinegar and alcohol will serve as degreaser and disinfectant. The dish soap will help with loosening deep-seated dirt, while the essential oils will help counteract the smell of vinegar.
- Transfer to a spray bottle and apply it to the floor. Wipe with a mop.
Safe Tile Floor Cleaner
Commercial cleaning products are notorious for being significant contributors to air pollution. When used inside your home, they can adversely affect indoor air quality. If you or any member of your household is suffering from asthma or allergies, switching to a safer cleaner is a must.
If you’d rather not use harsh chemicals, like ammonia or bleach, on your floors, use the recipe below:
- Prepare 4 cups of warm water, 1 teaspoon of castile soap, and 5-10 drops of essential oil.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bucket, spray bottle, or whatever container is most convenient for you.
- Make sure to do a quick spot test first. Castile soap is derived from pure plant oils and is safe for household use and even occasional contact with skin. However, it can degrade certain types of floor finishes.
Knowing how to make homemade tile floor cleaner will ensure that your floors are clean without exposing your household to toxic fumes or chemicals. DIY floor cleaners are just as effective as commercial cleaners, but they’re safer, cheaper, and eco-friendly.