In terms of cleaning different parts of your house such as floors, some cleaners that are sold in the market today are quite expensive and don’t get the job done. Not only are these products inefficient and ineffective, but they are also full of strong and harmful chemicals. And knowing how to make a floor cleaning solution is the best way to go about this problem.
And that’s why more and more people are leaning towards a more safe and reliable solution. Simply put, they are learning how to make floor cleaning solutions with simple ingredients that aren’t harmful to anyone. So, if you want to learn how to make a floor cleaning solution at the comfort of your home, then continue reading further down below.
How To Make Floor Cleaning Solution?
There are many reasons why making a floor cleaning solution rather than buying one has its benefits. Making your very own floor cleaning solution means saving money and, at the same time, avoid getting associated with these harmful chemical solutions that have the potential to harm your family members.
Luckily, there are old reliable and DIY tricks you can do to make one. And they are just waiting around the corner to be used. By using some basic ingredients in your kitchen, you can make your very own cleaning solution. Here are some simple tips on how to make floor cleaning solutions more effective. Check these recipes out.
Key Components of a Floor Cleaning Solution
Here are the important components you need to know more about how to make floor cleaning solution.
- Water – this helps in promoting a mixture of different kinds of ingredients. Whether you are using powder or other liquids, water will always be one of the main components of making a cleaning solution.
- White vinegar: Vinegar is a versatile product that is used for countless years. They have antiseptic properties that kill microbes and acts as a degreaser.
- Isopropyl Alcohol – mixing alcohol with other cleaning ingredients prevent streaks and helps it to evaporate easily. It also helps it disinfecting and can help maintain floor cleanliness with precision.
- Liquid Dish Soap – it also works as a degreaser and dissolves the bonds between floor and dirt. For this part, don’t use liquid dish soaps containing harmful ingredients such as oxygen bleach, antimicrobial ingredients, and moisturizers.
- Two cups of hot/warm water
- Half a cup of white vinegar
- One-fourth cup of Isopropyl Alcohol (70%)
- A one-eight teaspoon of liquid dish soap
Easy Steps in Making Floor Cleaning Solution
Perhaps you want to know how to make floor cleaning solution. You can use the ingredients with the use of a bucket or a spray bottle. Here are the quick and easy steps in making a floor cleaning solution.
- In a spray bottle, pour all the listed ingredients onto a spray bottle. Be sure that your spray bottle is large enough to accommodate all the contents of your floor cleaning solution.
- Do a vigorous mix for around 20 to 30 seconds to ensure that everything is all mixed up. The bigger the spray bottle you have, the more cleaning solution you can make.
Tip: To give a better or a pleasing scent after cleaning the floor, you can add in a few teaspoons of essential oils. Essential oils are commonly used as a combination of a cleaning solution. Some essential oils that are used include lemon, eucalyptus, thyme, and lavender.
How to Clean the Floor?
Knowing how to make a floor cleaning solution is as important as knowing how to clean the floor. If you know how to clean the floor effectively and efficiently, then you reduce the chance of buildups and have a pleasing bathroom experience.
Step 1: Get a mop and a bucket. Be sure you have the appropriate mop for your flooring. Each type of mop has different ways of tackling different kinds of flooring. Be sure to have the proper one.
Step 2: Get your cleaner. If you are done making your floor cleaning solution, then set it aside as you need it later.
Step 3: It would be wise to sweep or vacuum it beforehand to have a smoother time cleaning off the floor. By sweeping or vacuuming first, you prevent the floor from mixing dust, grimes, and dirt with your cleaning solution.
Step 4: Fill the buckets with the ingredients listed above. Or if you already have one, get it. Ensure that your cleaning solution has the right balance of ingredients to achieve the desired outcome.
Step 5: Get your mop and slowly dip it onto the bucket with the homemade solution. Ensure that every thread or string of the mop gets soaked with the solution. Make the mop damp, not excessively wet. Too much water on your mop extends the drying time.
Step 6: Start mopping. Go for hard to reach areas, corners, and ensure that every path is mopped thoroughly. The best way to mop is by doing straight lines to prevent tracking or combing back again.
Step 7: When you encounter stubborn dirt or spot, get a sponge or damp cloth, and apply a considerable amount of pressure until it is 100% removed. For extra-hard to remove spots, go for scrubs or spatulas.
Step 8: After mopping the entire area, rinse your mop again and remove as much dirt as you can. Once done, run through the areas again and ensure every part is mopped through.
Step 9: At this point, you are almost over. As you wait for the area to be dried, let your mop dry out a bit and run through it again. By this time, your flooring should be well disinfected and shiny.
Learning how to make floor cleaning solution at home is the best way to save money and avoid harmful chemicals from contacting your family members. Making your own floor cleaning solution is quite an easy and straightforward thing to do. Plus, the ingredients for making one are just lying around the corner.
Hopefully, the guidelines mentioned in this article have helped you, especially if you plan on making one. Thereby, you can say that you’re using a safe cleaner and making sure that you and your family are safe. Check out some of the best floor cleaning products here!