There are times that you feel so motivated to give your floor a nice touch of cleaning, but you lack all the essential resources on how to do it right. Well, you don’t need to hop on your car and right straight to the grocery store. Here, you will be guided on how to make floor cleaner at home using only a simple floor cleaner recipe that you can find on your shelves.
Floor Cleaner Recipes
As a household member, it is your responsibility to maintain the neatness of your floors. Whether it is made up of tile, vinyl, wood, or other sorts of material, it is a must to have a regular schedule on when you are going to apply some cleaning to it. Certain cleaning agents have strong formulas that can pose a threat to the material of your floor. Some cleaning solutions also contain harsh chemicals that can harm your family and your pet’s health.
To make your own floor cleaner can be a huge help in eliminating this problem. The great thing about this is that you don’t need expensive ingredients in making the final product. You just have to get your hand on some basic cleaning agents that you can find in your pantry and kitchen shelves. You also do not need fancy mixers and machines to produce your homemade cleaning solution. So, how to make floor cleaner at home? Follow the simple methods down below.
How to make floor cleaner: Your Ultimate Guide
- Prepare all the ingredients that you are going to need for this project.
- The first thing that you need to have is water. Make sure that you use clean water in this process.
- Another ingredient that you must have is white vinegar. Vinegar has a strong solution that can help remove unwanted grease and as well as a disinfectant formula. Unlike other cleaning agents, the strength of vinegar does not irritate the surface of the floor and to your skin.
- This next ingredient is surely available in your home. You need to prepare the rubbing alcohol with a 70% solution to increase the speed of the evaporation of your homemade cleaning agent. Like vinegar, alcohol can also help disinfect the floor and remove grease all over it.
- You also need to get some amount of dish soap as an ingredient. However, there are some important tips that you need to remember in choosing the right dish soap for the job. Make sure that you choose one that does not contain any drops of moisturizer and oxygen bleach. Do not use any dish soap that also contains oil ingredients to avoid leaving any streaks on the floor.
- If you want some extra scent to remove the bad odor of vinegar, adding a few drops of essential oil to the homemade floor cleaning product is a good idea.
- After preparing all the needed ingredients, the next step on how to make floor cleaner is to gather them in one place.
- Get a spray bottle and add some portions of each ingredient to the bottle. Mix them gently to prevent any spills.
- If you do not have any spray bottles, you can use an empty bucket to mix the ingredients. Measure the ingredients according to the size of your floor and the bucket. Keep adding the elements and mix them until you get your desired texture and amount.
How to Deep Clean Your Floor
Floors are the most common part of the house that gets the most dirt, stain, and bacteria. If you have a toddler who loves to crawl around the floor, there is a strong possibility that they are going to be exposed to the dangers brought by filthy flooring. There is no way that you can spot all of the dirty parts of the floor with your naked eyes. As a solution, you need to have a good cleaning agent to help you with the process.
Follow these simple steps below on how to clean your floor thoroughly:
- The first step includes removing any furniture and appliances out of the way. This is to make sure that the entire area of your floor is covered in this cleaning process.
- After clearing the area, get a broom or a vacuum cleaner to sweep and suck all the initial dirt from the floor. This is to prevent the mop from picking up and spreading dust all over the place.
- Now, get your mop and the homemade solution in a bucket. Place them in the area where the cleaning is about to happen. If the mop is dry before starting the actual cleaning process, make sure to dip it in warm water first. This is to allow the strands of the map to soften in preparation for the task.
- Start mopping in small sections. Do not go at a fast pace right away. You have to make sure that you cover all the parts of the floor carefully to remove dirt. Mopping in small sections will allow the cleaning solution to spread evenly onto the flooring.
- After cleaning a few spots, you can then rinse the mop by dipping it into a cleaning solution.
- After some time of cleaning, you will notice that the cleaning solution will become dark. This is a sign that you have to replace it with a clean new one. Take note that using dark and dirty water will make the problem worse.
- Lastly, if you finished mopping the entire surface area, you need to let the floor dry naturally. It means that air drying is the best way to get rid of its wetness. All you have to do is open the doors and windows of the house and wait until the floor dries completely. Do not move back all the furniture and appliances while the floor is still wet.
There you have it! Those are some simple methods on how to make floor cleaner at home using only a few ingredients. Cleaning your floor should be a part of your regular tasks to maintain its neatness. And you don’t need extra and expensive cleaning agents to make this possible. Discover more floor cleaning tips here!