There’s nothing better than coming home to a beautiful scent that can relieve your stress and worries away. However, there are air fresheners that do not smell natural and unsafe for your health. In this article, you’ll learn how to make air freshener with essential oils for a more naturally scented home. Read on to learn more about our recipes for a garden scent-home.
How to Make an Air Freshener with Essential Oils
Have you always wanted to maintain the freshness of your home, and you have nothing but artificial air fresheners in stock? These artificial fragrances are blended with harmful chemicals. They often include colorants and detergents that can be dangerous when absorbed by the body. But don’t worry, with some extra tricks, you can make your air freshener with essential oils with less effort and no hazards. Below is an essential oil air freshener recipe that you can try at home.
- Before you can produce that garden-like smell of air freshener, you need first to prepare all the supplies needed on how to make air freshener with essential oils. Take some notes and list down the following:
- The first thing you need to make air freshener with essential oils is, of course, the project’s main ingredient. Essential oils are very organic and all-natural, yet the most fragrant ingredients that you can have. Not only do they provide you with heavenly scents, but they can also help cleanse the air within your home. You can purchase essential oils in different department stores or your local department stores, drug stores, and even online.
- You will also need alcohol for this project. Rubbing alcohol is enough, but you can also use vodka. The purpose of this ingredient is to help in blending the water and the essential oils more thoroughly. It’s also the perfect ingredient to help your air freshener to dry quicker. However, if you do not have any alcohol supply at home, you can switch to vanilla extract as an alternative.
- And of course, to spread the homemade air freshener at home, you are going to need a spray bottle. You can use any empty spray bottle that you have as long as it can do the job.
- Now that your material and ingredients are ready, you can now make your homemade air freshener. The next step is to mix and blend all of the ingredients that you have gathered. Add them right into the spray bottle. You can also use a funnel to help the job much easier and not spill a single drop.
- After all the ingredients are seated well on the bottle, make sure that you shake them well. It is better to shake it first because the oil does not easily blend with the rest of the ingredients.
Choosing the Right Essential Oil Scent
Whether you want to maintain the sweetly scented vibe of your home or you want to make it more refreshing, essential oils are perfect for you. However, you need to choose the right essential oil for the different areas of your home. Here’s an easy guide that will help you select what will work best for your needs.
- For your home entrance, you need to choose a more fragrant kind of essential oil to give the visitors a welcoming and calming impression of your home. Cinnamon and Orange scents are best to use for this. Studies by psychologists show how these two fragrances can help reduce anxiety levels among individuals and help them calm in almost every situation.
- Experts suggest that your living room needs a kind of essential oil that will perfectly match the activities that you genuinely love creating in that room. This includes relaxing after a long and tiring day of school and work and connecting with family members. Fir oils are mostly the most recommended type of essential oil for this situation. It cannot just reduce stress levels, but it can help boost your creativity as well.
- Your kitchen is one of the most comforting areas of the house, but it can sometimes get smelly and dirty. With this, you will need a kind of essential oil that can eliminate the after-cook smell and essential oil that can help prevent bacteria’s growth. A lemon-scented essential oil is the perfect one for the job. It helps give you mental clarity, especially when you want to cook the best foods. Lemons also can purify the air around your kitchen.
- Your bedroom is most likely to be the area of your house where you spend the majority of your time. With this, you will need a fragrant, refreshing, and calming essential oil that can help you achieve the best form of sleep and relaxation. Jasmine scent is one of the most recommended types of essential oil for bedrooms. The scent of jasmine flowers can help improve calmness and intimacy with your significant other. It also helps you reconnect with mother nature, which can help you have a more relaxed mind.
Benefits of Essential Oils as Air Fresheners
There is a huge set of benefits if you start ditching manufactured air fresheners and switch on to the natural scents of essential oils. Here are some of the advantages that you can experience.
- Essential oils can help you escape toxins.
- They do not contain harmful chemicals, so your health is safe.
- They are natural solutions for the natural smells present in your home.
- They can help give you mental clarity and peace.
- Essential oils can help purify your space while keeping you and your visitors soothed.
Why bother purchasing expensive and harmful air fresheners for your home when you can make one with essential oils? With all the things you have learned here on how to make air freshener with essential oils, you can now begin the transformation of your home’s scent. Make your home smell like a garden while keeping it clean and purified. Discover more air freshening products here!