How To Empty A Bagless Vacuum Cleaner: A Step-By-Step Guide
When you have a bagless vacuum cleaner at home, you won't have to replace the bags after cleaning because you only need to empty its dust container. One thing to consider is to know how to empty a bagless vacuum cleaner so you can prevent a big mess after cleaning. Read on for some useful tips about emptying and cleaning.
Why Do You Need to Empty a Vacuum Dust Container Regularly?
It is necessary to empty a dust container regularly. As with every cleaning tool you have at home, cleaning and maintaining them must keep them working efficiently. Regularly cleaning the dust container of your vacuum is a good habit to work on. There are bagless vacuum cleaners designed with trigger switches that will automatically empty the dust containers. But both the automatic and manual models need extra care when emptying their dust bins, primarily because you need to avoid breathing in the dust or disperse dust wrongly, causing a big mess.
You can occasionally clean your vacuum cleaner using a dry or dampened cloth. When using a wet cloth, make sure that you dry the dust container afterward to avoid dust particles from sticking to the dust container when you use it. It pays to know how to empty a bagless vacuum cleaner for more efficient use of your bagless vacuum cleaner.
Steps to Empty Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
When you empty a dust container, you have to ensure that your vacuum cleaner is unplugged for safety purposes. Here are the steps on how to empty a bagless vacuum cleaner safely and properly:
- Before emptying the dust container, you have to wait until it is nearly full. It is not advisable to open it too early with less dust on it. It is so because the dust will naturally clump together when the dust container is full, and it is easy to empty and clean it. Once the canister is filled about 75 percent, it is already safe to empty the gathered dust.
- Detach the canister while keeping your hand on the bottom and top of the dust container. It will be hard at first, but a few practices will do the trick.
- After removing the container, take it outside the house and pour it into a trash can. Avoid emptying inside your home because the tiniest dust and allergens will tend to mix into the air indoors.
- Empty the container in the trash can by placing the canister as far down into the trash to avoid spillage. There's no need to use hand gloves or a face mask as you may, but make sure you don't breathe in the dust.
Tips in Maintaining Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
- Check Your Vacuum's Filters Once a Week
Most bagless vacuum filters usually feature a HEPA filter. To ensure that the filter functions properly, you must check it once a week and immediately replace it once damaged or full of dirt already. There are filters designed to be washed and reused; make sure you only use a completely dried filter on your appliance.
- Clean Your Vacuum Once a Month
Aside from checking on the filter and replacing it as needed, it is also necessary that you clean the entire vacuum cleaner at least once a month. Your appliance will work inefficiently, and dust will clog up, particularly in the suction passageway when it is not regularly cleaned. You must all of its parts with a wet cloth and remember to dry off your vacuum cleaner after cleaning to avoid damage.
- Don't Think That Your Vacuum Can Suction Everything
Vacuum cleaners are used to gather tiny dust particles and some small trashes. It is not intended to vacuum up toys and larger items such as coins and other hard objects. When it accidentally sucks up something other than dust and trash, you need to stop vacuuming and retrieve the thing that has clogged.
- Don't Wait Until Your Vacuum's Dust Container Is Completely Full
In emptying your vacuum's canister, make sure that it is not 100 percent complete. It will be inconvenient to empty the canister once it is so full of dust. It is one of the most important tips to consider on how to empty a bagless vacuum cleaner.
When you know how to empty a bagless vacuum cleaner, you are way ahead in managing your cleaning tasks at home. It's easy and simple to empty vacuum canisters, but you have to be careful and consider some tips to avoid creating another mess. Also, remember that regularly emptying canisters contributes to your appliance's efficiency. Learn more about bagless vacuum cleaners here!
Most of the things that we use for cleaning can be left unnoticed. That’s why we find a lot of dirty mops or poorly maintained vacuum cleaners.
There is a famous proverb that states, the eyes are the window to the soul. Basing this, we can assume that the windows in our house tell something about us who lives inside