A toiletry bag is also called a toiletry kit, a makeup bag, a wash kit, or a wet pack. It contains things that keep you clean and fresh. But a toiletry bag can quickly get messy.
Hygiene and toiletry supplies can easily spill and splatter. As it is an on-the-go item used in showers and washrooms, it can also pick up moisture fast. Wonder how to clean toiletry bag?
Ways To Clean Your Toiletry Bag
It is best to arrange its contents in a way that gives you easy access. This way, you can avoid accidents that may soil or smudge it.
Then again, accidents happen. That’s why you need to know how to clean a large toiletry travel bag and even the small ones. Read on and learn the easy steps.
Step 1 – Declutter
If you are a frequent traveler or just someone who does not have time, you might have been storing empty bottles and expired items of toiletry in your bag. Well, it’s time to put them all in the bin or recycle!
Decluttering will save you time when preparing in the morning. You do not have to dig your essentials from a heap.
- Empty your bag with all its contents.
- Categorize the items.
- Check the expiration dates – throw out or recycle expired ones.
- Toss out or recycle empty containers, worn-out razors, broken lids, and anything that you cannot use anymore.
- Ditch items that you have not used in three months. Why are you still keeping them?
- Examine the odor and appearance of products. If they look and smell off, it’s time to toss them out.
- Make a note of things that are running low or have doubles.
Step 2 – Clean The Items
Items that you might need to wash are washcloths, sponges, makeup brushes, and toothbrushes. Wash them with running water and cleaning agents suitable for their materials. Dry them thoroughly.
You can also wipe clean product bottles and containers, mirrors, razors, nail clippers, combs, etc. Use a clean cloth and a safe all-purpose cleaner.
Step 3 – Clean The Bag
After decluttering and cleaning the contents, it is time to clean the toiletry bag itself. How to clean toiletry bag depends mainly on the material.
- For cloth or cloth-like materials – Hand wash the bag all over, inside and out, then hang dry.
- For bags made of more durable materials – Place them in a mesh bag before putting them in your washing machine. Set it in the gentle wash. Air dry instead of using the dryer.
- For bags made of plastic – Wipe it down with a clean cloth and a safe all-purpose cleaning agent. You may also use disinfectants or antibacterial, alcohol-based wipes. Dry thoroughly.
Once your travel kit is clean and dry, arrange the contents in a way that you can easily access them even in a hurry. Use compartments and pockets to assemble items according to their purpose. Here’s another tip: if you can, immediately clean up smudges as they happen. Fresh stains are easier to remove than those that have dried for a long time.
How to clean toiletry bag is easy as 1-2-3. Happy spring cleaning! Know more cleaning tips here!