Experimenting, bathroom cleaning, dishwashing, disposing of trash, mixing, coating, can you guess what these tasks need in common? Well, you’ll know the answer by looking at your hands. That’s it! The answer is the cleaning gloves. But not because it does the cleaning and touches the dirty stuff means it can clean itself. So in this article, we will teach you how to clean cleaning gloves! Keep your gloves clean by reading this till the end.
Determining the Ideal Gloves to Use
You must be excited to know how to clean cleaning gloves. We will get there. But first, let us help you find the ideal gloves to use. When it comes to cleaning, gloves are a must if you want to keep your hands clean and protected. Otherwise, you have to deal with the grimes, sticky mess, and other vomit-inviting substances with your bare hands. Yikes! So to help you, here is a list below that you should look for when buying gloves.
- Your gloves will be dealing with hot or cold substances, so you have to make sure that it is sturdy.
- Without the gloves, your nails and skin have a great chance of being badly affected since they will be exposed to chemicals, bacteria, and pollutants. So you have to make sure that the gloves that you will be choosing are thick.
- Find gloves that offer an extra protective layer to help you prevent cuts, burns, and irritation.
- Get gloves with good grip. You can check the palm and finger areas if there are embossed dots. These dots will help you hold the materials securely.
- Match the gloves with the size of your hands. It shouldn’t be loose nor tight because it will hinder you in cleaning.
- If you are allergic to latex, there are stores online that offer skin-friendly gloves. You can use Nitrile gloves instead of that.
- You will know if you bought cheap class gloves if it starts to tear up after a few weeks of use.
- You have to match the type of gloves you will be using to the activity you will be doing.
- If you are not interested or too busy to clean your gloves after use, you can use disposable gloves. But remember, you have to dispose of it properly for it can cause clogging on drainages and pipes.
So how to clean cleaning gloves? Learn how below.
Determine the Type of Gloves that you are using
There are different types of cleaning gloves; are at least five of them. So before we teach you how to clean cleaning gloves, you have to determine first the type of glove that you are using.
- Nitrile gloves – this is a skin-friendly type of gloves and super sturdy. It can resist chemicals but not flame-resistant.
- Disposable gloves – this type of gloves doesn’t require you to clean them. All you need to do is dispose of it once you are done using it.
- Neoprene gloves – this is ideal to use when you’re cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, or laboratories. Thanks to its special ability to resist acids, inks, oils, flames, and tints.
- Latex gloves are what we usually use in the kitchen because they are easy to find and cheaper than other types. The only downside is some people could be allergic to it.
- PVC gloves are perfect to use when cleaning laboratories and bathrooms because they can resist strong chemical agents and solvents.
No matter how good your gloves are, they can be contaminated. So follow these steps below to keep them clean.
What to do:
- Get your baking soda.
- Wash your hands while wearing your gloves to wash away the dirt
- Next, rub a good amount of baking soda all over your gloves while wearing them.
- Then, get a basin and fill it up with water.
- Add a few drops of liquid soap.
- Take off the gloves and rinse it in the water solution.
- Turn your gloves inside out and do the same procedure.
- Rinse it well
- Hand it dry in an airy place and not in a hot place. Otherwise, it will be deformed.
- Wait for it to dry before using it again completely.
Gloves, gloves, gloves, can you imagine how cleaning would be without it. We can, and it won’t be easy and hygienic. Since we use gloves for cleaning, it needs cleaning too. Our health could be at risk if we choose to neglect it. But now that we already taught you how to clean cleaning gloves, you can keep your flexy gloves clean and germ-free every day! Discover more tips on how to clean materials here!