How Do I Find Out Who My Electricity Supplier Is?
Electricity is a necessity most households should have. However, there may be times wherein you may need to ask questions about different kinds of scenarios. But in most cases, most homeowners don’t know who their electricity supplier is. If you want to know the answer to “how do I find out who is my electricity supplier is,” then you’ll have to stay for quite a while.
Knowing how to check your electricity supplier will give you a reassuring feeling that when something happens, that involves your electricity, you know what number to call or where it is to go. So, if you want to know who is your electricity supplier, read further down below.
Simple Steps In Finding Out Who Is My Electricity Supplier
Perhaps you want to know, “how do I find out who is my electricity supplier is.” This is a known issue, especially if you just moved in from a new town or city. Plus, you may easily get overwhelmed by navigating through different sites and electricity corporations near you.
Thankfully, there are a few solutions to answer your question, “how do I find out who is my electricity supplier is.” Referring to your electric bill is one way, but this is highly dependent on the situation you are in. For example, if you just recently moved from one city to another, some of the following ideas may apply to you.
- You just recently moved into a house or a rental, and your landlord already has laid out the energy plan for you.
- You purchased a property, and the previous owners have already set their energy plan way back.
- You rented a room, and your roommate already has an existing electricity plan.
- You have been living in your home for decades, and you just don’t know who is the company behind your electricity.
- You let your home be rented, and the tenants chose a different electricity plan.
These are common scenarios in which you don’t know who is your electricity supplier. And to solve this problem, there are simple ways to know “how do I find out who is my electricity supplier is’.
Solution 1: Checking the mail
Some tenants or even homeowners chose their bills and other payables to be sent through the mail. Chances are, you might likely have one lying around your cabinet. And this is because electricity bills are sent every month. If you have a previous account, then it will be highly likely that you can easily find out who your electricity supplier is.
Checking the mail might not be as daunting as you think. But trust me, it may take a few hours to check who is your electricity supplier. And this is because most homeowners tend to discard bills and other receipts once it is paid. Just be sure to look for cabinets, closets, shelves, and even your table.
Solution 2: Check your e-mail
For years, more and more companies are going greener. Greener means all your electricity bills and other payables are sent through your e-mail to avoid congestion in the electricity companies office.
Although it may seem impossible at first to directly know which one because you may likely have more or fewer thousands of e-mails, there are ways on how you can search for a specific mail. Just follow the steps.
- Try logging in with your active e-mail account.
- Find the search bar. This is usually located at the top right corner of the e-mail.
- Search for any keywords such as “bills,” “electricity,” “energy bill,” and “power consumption:
- After typing, click or press enter and carefully sift through the e-mails. After that, search for the sender's name.
- Suppose you recognize the name, whether company name or any provider, you will most likely have a slight memory of that. But if you don't know who the sender is, try looking again with the other e-mails.
- From the sifted e-mails, always read the contents, from contact numbers, company names, names of certain people, and many more. Any information or clues goes a long way.
- If you already know who is your electricity provider, be sure to bookmark the e-mail so that it would be easier to look for it again if you happen to forget it again.
Solution 3: Check your credit card bills
Another mode of paying electricity bills is through credit cards. And for many, this might be the easiest way to find out who is your electricity supplier. To discover who is your electricity provider, follow these steps.
- Go online and access your latest statement from one of your most active credit cards or any credit card that you enrolled for paying bills.
- When you are already logged in, go for the credits or payments section of the website. This is usually located in the transactions department.
- Read each statement and carefully determine what the companies that may be associated with electricity are. Write down the contact numbers if you find one.
- If they don’t have a contact number, search their name in google and check for any contact information.
- If there is still no conclusive evidence about your electricity supplier, call your credit card to get any valuable information for every transaction you made.
Questions like “How do I found out who is my electricity supplier is?” are easy if you follow the steps above. Although it may hard to know who your electricity supplier is in some instances, there will always be sufficient evidence like e-mails, e-mails, receipts, statements that can pinpoint who your supplier is
To avoid any problem with your electric provider, you must keep all your important files and supporting documents so you will not have a hard time looking for valuable information. Know more about electricity supplier here!
Nothing hinders productivity other than a messy workspace and sour office odor. It can be uncomfortable working when you can’t stand the funky smell from your desk. No matter the reason and season, now is the time to purchase the best air freshener for office and home.
When we think about electrical energy and power buying electric current, we remember a science class that we may not have given full attention to.