Can You Use A Steam Mop On Laminate Floors?
What is the most efficient way of cleaning laminate floors without having unwanted damage? Can you use a steam mop on laminate floors? Check out the rest of this article to ease your worries. Be sure to read until the end for more effective tips!
Is Steam Mop a Good Option?_
Well, steam mops are highly not advisable to use for laminate floors. By using steam mops, you can greatly increase the risk of damaging your floor – a kind of damage that can hardly be reversed.
Reasons why steam is not compatible with laminate floors:
- Extreme heat from the steam mop can weaken the strength of the sealant used in your flooring. The mop releases pressure that is too much to handle for the adhesive. It can cause your laminate floor to break and separate over time.
- The unwanted swelling and bending of your laminated floor can be too painful for your eyes. That’s why using a steam mop will surely be one of your biggest regrets.
- A steam mop releases moisture. It is the worst enemy of laminate floorings. It can rot your floor, and later on, it will be a home for smelly molds. You surely wouldn’t wish to reach this phase!
Best Way to Clean and Maintain Your Laminate Floor
A laminate floor is so fragile for substances, like steam and water. So can you use a steam mop on laminate floors? The answer is a big no! It is a golden rule for laminate floorings to avoid getting wet and from getting exposed to extreme heat.
Below is a list of care tips for the safest cleaning experience:
- Always sweep off dust and dirt from your floor.
- Immediately wipe water spills from your laminate floor with a clean, dry cloth.
- Rather than using a steam mop, you can use a microfiber mop instead. This is the best alternative to protect your floor.
- You can create your solution with the things you already have at home. In a spray bottle, mix distilled vinegar, warm water, dish soap, and a few drops of your desired essential oil. Spray the solution on your beautiful laminate floor, and use your microfiber mop to spread it. You can immediately see the result as your floor shines when it dries!
If you want to preserve the best condition of your floor, then a steam mop isn’t your savior. It will ruin the purpose of having a beautiful and shiny floor. Discover more mop products here!
You may be tired of looking at your filthy flooring, but you’re stuck with the question, “Can you use a steam mop on laminate floors?” With all the given reasons above, it is now clear that you should erase using a steam mop on your list of options. There are better alternatives out there that can give you the result you’re searching for. Surprisingly, some are just inside your storage that’s waiting for you to use.
When you have kids and pets, a messy floor can’t be avoided. We bet you can relate to the part wherein after you patiently clean the floor, it will all go dirty in a matter of seconds.