The smell of the brewed coffee wakes our senses in the morning. It is just so addicting and irresistible. That is why most of us feel drained without having it in the morning. But what if you run out of filters? Can you use a paper towel as a coffee filter? This method is tempting to try, but you don’t know what to expect from it since you haven’t tried it yet. But don’t worry! This is what you will learn in this article.
The Unfiltered Coffee Explained
The concept of using a paper towel as a coffee filter is new to us. And we can’t blame others if they were raising their eyebrow when they heard about this because we didn’t see this coming. You might also be wondering if you can use a paper towel as a coffee filter. But who cares when you’re desperate to drink coffee, right? Some who aren’t a fan of coffee find brewing and filtering tiresome because it takes longer than just pouring hot water and mixing in the coffee. But aren’t you curious about what will happen if you don’t filter the coffee? And what can you do with it? Here’s what will happen to you.
- When you run out of the filter, it is tempting to use whole coffee beans. But this will only make you choke.
- The taste will not be the same. The filter of the coffee helps in extracting the taste and aroma of the coffee beans.
- Your coffee will have a gritty texture, and for sure, you wouldn’t like it.
- Believe it or not, the coffee grounds from your coffee filter can be used as a meat tenderizer. So if you’re tired of waiting for long hours in boiling the meat, try the coffee grounds.
- You can also use coffee grounds to make energy bars. It will surely wake your senses after a few bites!
- You can use it in exfoliating your dead skin and eliminate the odor.
- Add a few drops of hot water to the coffee grounds, and you can use it in coffee painting.
- It will help you keep away insects like ants, snails, slugs, bugs, and more.
But can you use a paper towel as a coffee filter? Learn how below.
Many are curious if can you use a paper towel as a coffee filter, and we bet you too because they almost have the same consistency. So is it a yes or a no? Surprisingly, the answer is a big YES! This is a perfect alternative to the coffee filter.
This is a cheap and safe alternative compared to other products. What makes this suitable is that the paper towel won’t disintegrate quickly, and it can filter even the finest grounds. So here’s how you should do it if you want to get started.
What to do:
- Ready your paper towel. As much as possible, choose a brand that is made from natural ingredients.
- Cut a few paper towels.
- Fold it in half to make a square. But make sure that it will fit in the filter cup.
- If it is bigger than your coffee filter, you can cut the edges.
- Pour three tablespoon of coffee ground.
- Close the lid.
- Fill the water reservoir of your coffee machine.
- Turn it on and wait for your coffee to be made.
- And that’s it! Very simple yet effective.
Coffee in the morning can give you that warm satisfaction only a caffein can give, which is why we can’t blame the coffee lovers for craving it. And running out of coffee filters would be a piece of bad news for them. But now that you have learned the answer to your question, if can you use a paper towel as a coffee filter, you sure can improvise if this thing happens to you! Running out of a coffee filter will no longer scare you because you can use something aside from it! Enjoy your hot cup of coffee! Learn more tips about paper towel use!