Can You Put Paper Towels In The Microwave?
You probably think that paper towels are just for cleaning up messes and spills, and that’s it. But like other household items, you can do so much more with paper towels. It is common to use a paper towel to cover food to prevent splashes and leaks, which makes you wonder, can you put paper towels in the microwave? And if so, are there any benefits paper towels can do more? Keep reading to find out.
Can You Put Paper Towels in the Microwave
Using paper towels in the microwave is safe, but you should use precautions when doing so. For microwave ovens, paper towels are taking into account their limited water content. Finding less moisture from inside the microwave will induce the paper towel to the flame. The paper tends to dry out as humidity dissipates, which, when burned up, will eventually lead to a fire.
While they are harmless, but can you put paper towels in the microwave ovens? One should always be mindful of the paper towel material. Some reused paper towels come from various sources that, when subjected to heat in a microwave, have the potential to produce a flame. There is also a possibility of the fire sparking at other times than any other stuff put in the microwave, including the recycled paper towel.
Why Paper Towel Catches Fire Inside Microwave
There is a possibility that for a few causes, paper towels could burn up in the microwave. When heated for long periods, even dyed paper towels that are white will cause a fire in the oven. Once they are rolled and then placed within the microwave, paper towels burn up. There are fewer risks of a paper towel bursting into flames when held open in the microwave.
The explanation is that it sends electromagnetic energy as the microwave begins to heat, which buzzes the water molecules found in food or beverages. The heat disappears from it while a paper towel would be in a flat place. Whenever the paper towel is rolled, the heat accumulates internally. There is a greater risk of the paper towel trapping unnecessary heat to fire catching fire.
Benefits Of Using Paper Towels
Can you put paper towels in the microwave? The simple answer is yes. We’ve already decided that using paper towels in the microwave is safe, but are there any perks in doing so?
- Control Splashing - In the microwave, one of the most primary applications for paper towels is to prevent splashing. You may simply place a piece of paper towel over the top of the container while warming food or liquid that quickly splashes to stave off the splashing. The primary advantage here is to spare you the hassle of wiping the walls and turntable once your meal has been cooked in the oven.
- Catches Drips - In the microwave, another frequent use of paper towels is to put them on top of the turntable. When you heat soup or other meals with higher water content, the major factor is to capture drops. You should quickly dispose of the paper towel once you’re done heating instead of wiping the turntable.
- Helps Retain Moisture - A known use of paper towels is to cover meals in the microwave. This is to prevent the moisture from leaving and usually happens in the microwave as you reheat food. When steaming anything in your oven, you can consider this strategy as close to covering a kettle with strong results.
Tips for Microwaving Paper Towels
The use of paper towels in the microwave is sometimes not safe and poses possible threats. A few of the tips for using paper towels in the microwave are listed below:
- For the best results, use an opened paper towel. Because of the condensed heat within the compact material, rolled paper towels can spark fires.
- Not all of the paper towels in the oven are safe to use. When using just any paper towel, examine product instructions carefully included in the packaging.
- You shouldn’t use discarded paper towels. Recycled paper items can generate toxic elements within the microwave, which can catch fire.
- When using the paper towel over or under the food as a flat shielding, hold the paper towel in an open position.
- Keep the food away from the paper towel’s printed side. If the paper towel is painted with written patterns, turning it away helps eliminate food from the paper towel’s ink products.
What Are Paper Towels Made Of
Can you put paper towels in the microwave? What makes it durable enough for microwaves? Because paper towels are extremely absorbent and quick to dispose of, which many of us look to wipe up a minor spill or use it as a tablecloth. The wood and stringy plants' fibers like cotton are the essential ingredients in making paper towels make it durable enough. These can come from sources that are recycled. Many individuals should be used to warming up stuff on a paper towel in the microwave.
Because some materials can make into paper towels, such as plastic-based elements, it is essential to remember which ones are microwavable.
Can you put paper towels in the microwave with your food wrapped in it? I hope we answered your question. There are many reasons why you might find paper towels useful aside from cleaning up spills, as mentioned above. Only please ensure they don’t have any microwave-safe products or chemicals that would ignite a fire. Learn more about paper towels and other tips here.
A speck of dust may be small, yet the harm they can cause to one’s health is huge. Unfortunately, dust is one of the most stubborn things to get rid of.
Facial tissues are always useful to have. You can always count on it for your sneezes and colds and even for emergency purposes in the bathroom.